Teriyaki Mushroom Chicken
Fresh mushrooms and onions top this savory skillet chicken with a rich, teriyaki-flavored sauce. A pretty presentation for Cheri Casolari’s friends and family in Rinard, Illinois!
“I prefer serving this dish over chicken-flavored boxed rice.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey teriyaki marinade
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon
- butter for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer
- reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining butter
- until tender, adding the water and marinade during the last 2
- minutes. Return the chicken to the pan; heat through. Yield: 4
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer