Fresh mushrooms and onions top this savory skillet chicken with a rich, teriyaki-flavored sauce. A pretty presentation for Cheri Casolari’s friends and family in Rinard, Illinois! CHERI’S TIP: “I prefer serving this dish over chicken-flavored boxed rice.”
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey teriyaki marinade
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining butter until tender, adding the water and marinade during the last 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Mushroom Chicken in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p17
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Teriyaki Mushroom Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review