Teriyaki Kabobs Recipe
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and salt. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4-8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Alternate meat, mushrooms, green pepper, onion and tomatoes on metal or soaked wood skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- 3. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 8-10 minutes until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve meat and vegetables over rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice) equals 225 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 963 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Teriyaki Kabobs
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.