Teriyaki Grilled Chicken
Here’s a super recipe you can use with any chicken pieces you like, with or without skin. Plan ahead to marinate chicken overnight for wonderful flavor. Leftovers are fabulous the next day in a salad. Jennifer Nichols, Tuscon, Arizona
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 40 min.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first seven ingredients;
- add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 5
- Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a
- drip pan. Place chicken skin side down on grill rack. Grill,
- covered, over indirect medium heat 20 minutes. Turn; grill 20-30
- minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 301 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a