Teriyaki Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first seven ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 20 minutes. Turn; grill 20-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 301 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Teriyaki Grilled Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.