- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first seven ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 20 minutes. Turn; grill 20-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Teriyaki Grilled Chicken
"I thought this was okay, somewhat lacking in flavor."
"Very good, juicy."
"Pretty good. I substituted some of the honey for maple syrup because I didn't have enough honey. Flavor came out great. Next time I will add a good built of salt to the marinade, more garlic, more ginger, and some brown sugar. Overall a great recipe, and so much better for you that store bought marinades!"
"My husband really likes this recipe!I made it for a Sunday fellowship meal and people like it a lot as well. :)"
"It was good, will make again"