Here’s a super recipe you can use with any chicken pieces you like, with or without skin. Plan ahead to marinate chicken overnight for wonderful flavor. Leftovers are fabulous the next day in a salad. Jennifer Nichols, Tuscon, Arizona
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first seven ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 5 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 20 minutes. Turn; grill 20-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Grilled Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Teriyaki Grilled Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review