Teriyaki Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium sweet onion, julienned
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice
- Sesame seeds, toasted, optional
- Sliced green onions, optional
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons oil for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, stir-fry carrots in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add onion; stir-fry about 2-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. Combine soy sauce and brown sugar; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Boil for 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 324 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1922mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
"I added more veggies to this recipe, stir-frying broccoli with the carrots (we like lots of veggies with our stir-fries!) Nice flavor."
"NOTICE: Has any one noticed this Teriyaki Glazed chicken' has NO TERIYAKI in it???? Tonight was the 2nd time I fixed this recipe. Hubby asked me if I found the Teriyaki okay (had a weird little look on his face) and I looked at what I had used and saw it was SOY SAUCE! Checked the recipe and sure enough, it calls for Soy Sauce......???March 12, 2016**************************************************tasty..I put in 1/2 bag of frozen veggies and nuts and cooked it on the stove-top."
"This was easy to make and I had all of the ingredients on hand.My husband is very picky , when he saw it he said "yuck" but once he tasted it he ended up really liking it."
"Delicious! Will definitely make again!"
"Fantastic flavor, and so easy! I like to add more carrots & onions. This is a keeper!"
"This recipe is extremely tasty. I added a couple teaspoons of cornstarch to make the sauce thicken. It came out perfect."