I love to experiment with food. For this recipe, I took advantage of the sweet onions grown on Maui. My whole family just loves this main dish.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium sweet onion, julienned
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice
- Sesame seeds, toasted, optional
- Sliced green onions, optional
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 tablespoons oil for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry carrots in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add onion; stir-fry about 2-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine soy sauce and brown sugar; add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet. Boil for 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Glazed Chicken in Country April/May 2000, p49
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Teriyaki Glazed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review