Teriyaki Flank Steak Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Score the surface of the steak with shallow diagonal cuts, making diamond shapes. In a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, oil, ginger, garlic, five-spice powder and pepper.
- 2. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the steak and green onions. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), brushing occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 207 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Teriyaki Flank Steak
"This is Fantastic!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.