Teriyaki Egg Rolls
Who knew egg rolls could be so easy? In about 20 minutes, your family will be feasting on some that rival the best Chinese restaurants. —Adeline Russell, Hartford, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 4 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce
- In a large skillet, saute coleslaw mix in oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir in teriyaki sauce; remove from the heat.
- Position one egg roll wrapper with a corner facing you. (Keep
- remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to
- use.) Using a slotted spoon, spoon about 1/3 cup coleslaw mixture on
- bottom third of wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides
- over filling toward center. Moisten top corner with water; roll up
- tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls
- for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper
- towels. Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce. Yield: 4 egg rolls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 egg roll (calculated without sweet-and-sour sauce) equals 237 calories, 14 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 655 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.