Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
These drumsticks get their great flavor and golden color from the tasty, easy-to-prepare marinade. During hurried work weeks, it's convenient to marinate the chicken overnight and then bake it the next day.—Jean Clark, Albion, Maine
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, sherry if desired, ginger and garlic powder;add drumsticks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180° and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC