- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, sherry if desired, ginger and garlic powder;add drumsticks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180° and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Teriyaki Chicken
"I used Madeira for the sherry and let it marinate overnight. I thought it had lots of flavor and a simple recipe that I can refer back to often."
"I really liked this recipe. Looks beautiful and tastes great. I did leg quarters so I cooked them for an hour. I also did them on a coated broiler pan. The skin was crisp."
"<p>I really liked this recipe. Looks beautiful and tastes great. I did leg quarters so I cooked them for an hour. I also did them on a coated broiler pan. The skin was crisp.</p>"
"My kids liked the recipe, but I thought it was too salty tasting. I took it to my work and the guys in the shop ate it up. I just didn't like it and partly because I had to cook it a long time past the time mentioned and still had red wet blood inside and I was afraid of getting sick."
"this recipe is definitely one of our favorites...i even had this recipe made for my wedding dinner. we just love how the flavor goes through all the chicken. i have never actually used drumsticks, we always use boneless skinless chicken breasts and i would recommend to everyone to marinate this over night that way you get the best flavor"