Teriyaki Chicken Wings
When my sister-in-law served these at a family party years ago, we all kept reaching for "just one more". I often prepare them for our toddler son...it's the only way I can get him to eat chicken!
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 pound whole chicken wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. In a
- large bowl or plastic bag, combine flour, garlic powder, salt and
- pepper. Add wings; toss to coat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°. Fry
- chicken wings, a few at a time, for about 9 minutes or until juices
- run clear. Drain on paper towels.
- In a saucepan combine soy sauce and sugar; cook and stir until sugar
- is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Dip fried wings briefly in sauce;
- serve immediately. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer