Teriyaki Chicken Wings Recipe
When my sister-in-law served these at a family party years ago, we all kept reaching for "just one more". I often prepare them for our toddler son...it's the only way I can get him to eat chicken!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:12-14 servings
- 3 pound whole chicken wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. In a large bowl or plastic bag, combine flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add wings; toss to coat.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°. Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, for about 9 minutes or until juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. In a saucepan combine soy sauce and sugar; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Dip fried wings briefly in sauce; serve immediately. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC