Teriyaki Chicken Thighs Recipe
Chicken, rice and sweet-salty sauce create an entree that's packed with Asian flavor. Your family will love this moist and tender meal. —Gigi Miller, Stoughton, Wisconsin
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Place chicken in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Bring cooking juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and, if desired, rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC