Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
Chicken, rice and sweet-salty sauce create an entree that's packed with Asian flavor. Your family will love this moist and tender meal. —Gigi Miller, Stoughton, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine sugar,
- soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper; pour over chicken.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking
- juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Bring cooking juices to a
- boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth;
- stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir 1-2
- minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and, if desired,
- rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.