- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan; skim fat. Bring cooking juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and, if desired, rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
"Oh my goodness!! This is the best "teriyaki" style recipe I have ever made! It's easy and versatile! Sometimes I add sliced water chestnuts during the last 1/2 hour of cooking and garnish with thinly sliced green onion! Just delicious! Made this again (about 3 weeks after this 1st review) and used country style spareribs instead of chicken thighs. It was amazing!! Love this recipe!"
"Amazing! The last 10 minutes of cooking time, I transferred thighs to a 450 degree oven. Delectable!!"
"So easy to make. Love to serve with rice!"
"I used boneless chicken breasts for this. Good taste and easy to make, just don't over cook it like I did."