Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
After trying a similar sandwich in Hawaii, I was inspired to create my own. My sister-in-law contributed the marinade and together we came up with this hearty version.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 hard rolls or croissants
- 1 cup finely shredded lettuce
- 8 tomato slices
- 4 green pepper rings
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup. Pour remaining sauce into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Broil chicken 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. On bottom half of each roll or croissant, layer lettuce, tomatoes, chicken and green pepper. Drizzle with reserved sauce; spread with mayonnaise if desired. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2015
"Simple, easy and delicious! I put them on crushed whole wheat sandwich rolls."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC