Teriyaki Chicken Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup honey teriyaki marinade
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat poppy seed salad dressing
- Place marinade in a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Slice chicken. Divide the romaine, kiwi, pineapple, oranges, celery, peppers, raspberries and strawberries among six plates; top with chicken. Sprinkle with green onions and cashews. Drizzle with salad dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Teriyaki Chicken Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing(6)
Sort By :
This is a great salad. Makes a whole meal. I cut out the celery because not everyone in the house likes it, but it doesn't need it anyway. I used Brianna's Poppy Seed Dressing. I will be making this salad for years to come. Although the ingredients seem odd together, your taste buds will thank you for giving this recipe a shot.
disappointed to see no recipe for the marinade or the dressing...just lettuce and a bunch of fruit.
I take my time cooking so it took me a while, but this was an excellent dish and everyone loved it.
For dressing I used the poppy seed dressing from the festive tossed salad recipe on this site and it turned out great.
Absolutely amazing! One of the best salads I've had in my life!!! We used fresh pineapple and blackberries instead of raspberries. So healthy and refreshing. I'll make it over and over. Such a wonderful mix of ingredients.
Please see the very last step... "Drizzle with salad dressing."
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Salads >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >