Teriyaki Chicken Breast Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch ground ginger
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
- Additional chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas
- 1. In a small resealable bag or shallow glass container, combine the first six ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag or cover container. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Remove chicken from marinade and set marinade aside. Broil the chicken for 12 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- 3. Meanwhile, add broth to marinade to measure 2/3 cup. Pour into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Add rice and peas; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with chicken. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 405 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1114mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Teriyaki Chicken Breast
"This is one of the first recipes I learned to make on my own growing up, and I'm 23 now. the marinade is just right and so yummy. Only thing I do different is I use chicken tenders or pound my chicken breast thin. It really helps get the marinade all the way through. I have tried making the recipe with regular rice instead of instant, but it always turns out crunchy, so stick with the instant stuff."
"This is so easy and great taste. I added carrots and some chopped lettuce and it was wonderful. Will certainly make this again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.