Teriyaki Chicken Breast Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch ground ginger
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
- Additional chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas
- 1. In a small resealable bag or shallow glass container, combine the first six ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag or cover container. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Remove chicken from marinade and set marinade aside. Broil the chicken for 12 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- 3. Meanwhile, add broth to marinade to measure 2/3 cup. Pour into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Add rice and peas; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with chicken. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 405 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,114 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Teriyaki Chicken Breast
"This is one of the first recipes I learned to make on my own growing up, and I'm 23 now. the marinade is just right and so yummy. Only thing I do different is I use chicken tenders or pound my chicken breast thin. It really helps get the marinade all the way through. I have tried making the recipe with regular rice instead of instant, but it always turns out crunchy, so stick with the instant stuff."
"This is so easy and great taste. I added carrots and some chopped lettuce and it was wonderful. Will certainly make this again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.