I love Chinese food but my family doesn't so this recipe is a perfect portion just for me!—Becky Bolte, Jewell, Kansas
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch ground ginger
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
- Additional chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas
- In a small resealable bag or shallow glass container, combine the first six ingredients. Add chicken; seal bag or cover container. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade and set marinade aside. Broil the chicken for 12 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- Meanwhile, add broth to marinade to measure 2/3 cup. Pour into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Add rice and peas; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with chicken. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Teriyaki Chicken Breast in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p10
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Teriyaki Chicken Breast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review