Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup cornstarch, divided
- 1 cup orange juice
- 6 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve rice pilaf with orzo pasta
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch, orange juice and teriyaki sauce; set aside.
- 2. Flatten chicken slightly. Place salt and remaining cornstarch in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in batches in 2 tablespoons oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute squash and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add coleslaw mix; saute 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir juice mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Add chicken to skillet; heat through. Meanwhile, prepare rice pilaf according to package directions. Serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast with 1 cup vegetable mixture and 1 cup rice equals 574 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,707 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.