Smart ingredients, including packaged coleslaw and pasta mixes, make it easy to serve up a colorful combo in just 30 minutes. A refreshing orange teriyaki sauce gives this chicken a lively Asian flavor and such a pretty glisten. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup cornstarch, divided
- 1 cup orange juice
- 6 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve rice pilaf with orzo pasta
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch, orange juice and teriyaki sauce; set aside.
- Flatten chicken slightly. Place salt and remaining cornstarch in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in batches in 2 tablespoons oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute squash and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add coleslaw mix; saute 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir juice mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add chicken to skillet; heat through. Meanwhile, prepare rice pilaf according to package directions. Serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p14
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review