Teriyaki Butterfly Pork Chops
My grandmother taught me how to cook years ago. All of my friends rave over this dish and its hot sweet flavor.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (1/2 inch each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, wine or broth, oil, cilantro,
- garlic and red pepper flakes. Pour 1/3 cup into a resealable plastic
- bag; cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for sauce. Add chops
- to the bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or
- broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as