- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (1/2 inch each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, wine or broth, oil, cilantro, garlic and red pepper flakes. Pour 1/3 cup into a resealable plastic bag; cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for sauce. Add chops to the bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Butterfly Pork Chops in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p200
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Teriyaki Butterfly Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >