The teriyaki sauce takes these cheeseburgers from "ordinary" to "oh, boy"! Look for this sauce in the Chinese food section of your grocery store.—Rose Thusfield, Holcombe, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese or provolone cheese
- Hamburger rolls
- In a large skillet, saute onions in teriyaki sauce until tender.
- Shape ground beef into four patties; place on top of onions and cook
- for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads
- 160° and juices run clear.
- Top each burger with cheese and onions. Serve on rolls. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 308 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,446 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.