These hamburgers were served at my Sweet 16 birthday party more than 20 years ago. The pineapple rings complement the soy sauce in the burgers. - Cheryl Wildy, Omaho, Nebraska
- 1-1/2 cups Rice Chex, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Grill or boil pineapple rings until lightly browned. Place burgers on roll bottoms. Top with pineapple and roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p98
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Teriyaki Burgers with Pineapple
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review