The teriyaki sauce takes these cheeseburgers from "ordinary" to "oh, boy"! Look for this sauce in the Chinese food section of your grocery store.—Rose Thusfield, Holcombe, Wisconsin
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese or provolone cheese
- Hamburger rolls
- In a large skillet, saute onions in teriyaki sauce until tender. Shape ground beef into four patties; place on top of onions and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top each burger with cheese and onions. Serve on rolls. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Burgers in Country Ground Beef 1993, p14
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Teriyaki Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review