Teriyaki Beef Tenderloin
A beautiful glaze coats this fantastic tenderloin that's as easy as it is delicious. All you have to do is throw some ingredients together and let the marinade do all the work. —Lillian Julow, Gainesville, Florida
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 cup sherry or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, combine the sherry, soy sauce, soup mix and brown
- sugar. Pour 1 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add
- tenderloin. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 5 hours or
- overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drain and discard marinade. Place
- tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered,
- 45-50 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°;
- well-done, 170°), basting often with 1/3 cup reserved marinade.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring water and remaining marinade to
- a rolling boil 1 minute or until sauce is slightly reduced. Slice
- beef; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a