- 1 cup sherry or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large bowl, combine the sherry, soy sauce, soup mix and brown sugar. Pour 1 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add tenderloin. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drain and discard marinade. Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting often with 1/3 cup reserved marinade. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring water and remaining marinade to a rolling boil 1 minute or until sauce is slightly reduced. Slice beef; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Teriyaki Beef Tenderloin
Sort By :
"I made this tenderloin with the marinade recipe and everyone just raved about the flavor. It was our all time favorite. Will be our new Christmas tradition for meat."
"Definitely yummy! Basted every 10 minutes and nice gooey glaze appeared on top - however, the little onions from the onion soup package crisped and burned on the outside. We will definitely make this again! Served it sliced over Quick Fried Rice with a side of Garlic Roasted Broccoli (both from this website.)"
"I used 2 tbl of dry sherry in my beef broth, perfect amount to make a difference. The onion/mushroom dry soup mix was a really good piece of advice. We are not big tenderloin fans, (too bland) but this recipe put it over the top for us. Marinated 20 hrs using the stainless steel blades marinator device."
"The longer the better but do NOT go over 24 hours. I think the marinade makes it tender"
"For Janma if you come back . Minimum marinade time is 5 hours. probably the most is 24 hours."