Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
I combined slices of steak with tasty peppers and onions to create this satisfying stir-fry.—Rhonda Olivieri, East Earl, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned onion
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1. In a skillet, brown steak in oil; drain. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce, seasoned salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until meat is almost tender, stirring frequently.
- 2. Stir in onion and red pepper. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, water and remaining teriyaki sauce until smooth. Add to skillet. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 241 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 986 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC