Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry for 3 Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 beef flank steak (3/4 pound), cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in batches in oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broccoli, onion and peppers to the pan; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Return beef to the pan. Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry for 3
Sort By :
"I created an account just to review this amazing stir fry. It is the best stir fry I have ever had. We drank the broth out of our plates it was that good!"
"This was delicious. I made it with venison. An hubby loved it too! It is a keeper. I will add more ginger next time to add more heat. Also some shredded carrots and maybe some baby corn. Yum-OH!"
"Amazing Stir Fry totally enjoyed all the vegetables totally delicious. Next time I will be making more sauce to add to the stir fry simply because I think it totally adds more flavor."
"This was a very tasty meal.."