Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry for 2
Hearty appetites will appreciate this satisfying stir-fry from Julie Rea of Battle Ground, Washington. It features savory strips of marinated beef and plenty of crisp-tender peppers and onions.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 10 ounces boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, teriyaki sauce and 2
- tablespoons oil until smooth. Pour half into a large resealable
- plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30
- minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry green pepper and onions
- in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain beef; add to pan. Add remaining marinade; stir-fry for 2-3
- minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Return vegetables to the
- pan; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with
- rice if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 378 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 897 mg sodium,