Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry for 2 Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 10 ounces boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, teriyaki sauce and 2 tablespoons oil until smooth. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry green pepper and onions in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Drain beef; add to pan. Add remaining marinade; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Return vegetables to the pan; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 378 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 897 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.