Hearty appetites will appreciate this satisfying stir-fry from Julie Rea of Battle Ground, Washington. It features savory strips of marinated beef and plenty of crisp-tender peppers and onions.
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 10 ounces boneless beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, teriyaki sauce and 2 tablespoons oil until smooth. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry green pepper and onions in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain beef; add to pan. Add remaining marinade; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Return vegetables to the pan; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p11
Reviews for Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review