Teriyaki Beef Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) ginger beer or 1 can (12 ounces) ginger ale
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown beef in batches if necessary. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger beer, teriyaki sauce, garlic and sesame seeds; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Stir in peas. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until gravy is thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Teriyaki Beef Stew
Sort By :
"This was a wonderfully tasty stew. I didn't have a ginger beer but, I did have a pumpkin ale that I used instead. I served it over rice and my son and husband loved it. The meat was so tender and the asian seasonings were delicious."