Teriyaki Beef Burgers Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beef and water chestnuts. Shape into six patties. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sherry or broth, onions, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Pour 1/2 cup over patties; cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve on lettuce-lined buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 335 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 924mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Teriyaki Beef Burgers
"It might have been the ginger that tasted funky to a642483. I liked it better without it."
"These are really very good. For your first pass cut the 'spices' in half and work up from there."
"Pretty tasty! You have to be gentle when cooking as they fall apart easily, but the flavor is quite good. Will make again."
"Blah! These had a terrible taste to them. I wonder if marinating overnight did it? I followed directions exactly. My husband liked it, but I definitely could taste something that wasn't appealing...."