Tequila-Lime Fruit Salad Recipe
Looking for a fast, colorful side to round out any meal? This refreshing fruit salad is pure perfection! —Angela Howland, Haynesville, Maine
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons tequila or additional lime juice
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups chopped peeled kiwifruit
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; cool completely. Stir in lime juice and tequila.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with syrup and toss gently to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 139 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC