- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons tequila or additional lime juice
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups chopped peeled kiwifruit
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; cool completely. Stir in lime juice and tequila.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with syrup and toss gently to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Tequila-Lime Fruit Salad
"Best fruit salad I've ever had!"
"I would agree with ashleighg. Definitely a keeper! I used fresh lime juice instead of the tequila. There was none left over from our church's social hour!!"
"I would rate this with 10 stars, if possible!! I made this for a Memorial Day get together and it was AMAZING! The salad was delicious and eye appealing. To reduce calories, I used Splenda instead of sugar and I also substituted the extra lime juice for the tequila (per optional recipe directions) to make it more kid friendly. It's even great the next day, satisfies my sweet tooth, and the lime juice adds a wonderful dimension to the taste of the fruit. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, which has surely become a family favorite!"
"This was a hit! Everyone loved it!"
"Any way to have the flavor of the tequila without the alcohol? I cannot imagine the non-alcohol version with just the lime juice is just as good. (Had to rate in order to ask question, so gave it 5 stars on appearance and combination of ingredients)"