- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the milk just until combined; fold in peaches. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, sugars, butter and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugars are dissolved. Pour over top. Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean. Serve warm or cold with cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tennessee Peach Pudding
"I have been searching for a good peach cobbler recipe. So many turn out like a cake with peaches in them. Dry. Not like I had growing up. My husband brought some fresh Palisade Colorado peaches home this past weekend from his trip and I searched again for a recipe that was not dry. I will search no farther. This was perfect!! My husband loved it!"
"For my taste it was extremely sweet. It may be a good recipe if the sugar was cut in half."
"I doubled all the ingredients and baked in a 9x13 pan. It was full to the top, but only boiled over a little (thankfully, I followed other reviewers' suggestion and put a drip pan underneath). I refrigerated overnight and then warmed the next day and served with vanilla ice cream. Spectacular! I think chilling overnight helped firm it up and warming did not liquify it too much."
"This was extremely good. As for the "cream" and when to use it.....The last sentence states "Serve warm or cold with cream"."
"Great recipe. Add more peaches (I used 4 cups). Other than that follow the directions. There is one mystery in this recipe, it list Half and Half cream but doesn't tell how much or when to use it. (I left it out). Amazing, will make many more times."
"The directions do not include the use of the half and half cream! Should it be included in the sauce?"
"Excellent dessert! Served it with vanilla ice cream on top and it was delicious!"
"If I use frozen peaches. I do thaw them correct"
"I never thought this would work.. honestly. I thought it would be too mushy and "weird". I was SO wrong and I'm so glad I tried it. The peachy-cake mixture cooked up nicely and the sweet topping made the dish just creamy enough. I made my own whipped cream using coconut milk to serve and it was truly one of my favorite desserts. I will be making this very often!"
"Love this!!! First time I used white nectarines and it tasted great but looked a little bland. Used yellow peaches the next time and it was perfect. I think I will use a few more peaches next time I make it. As my husband says, "THIS IS A KEEPER!!""