- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the milk just until combined; fold in peaches. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, sugars, butter and nutmeg. Bring to boil, stirring until sugars are dissolved. Pour over top. Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean. Serve warm or cold with cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tennessee Peach Pudding
Sort By :
"This recipe was awesome! I followed it exactly and it came out perfect. I baked for the full 50 minutes. I added sparkling sugar on top and made it look extra special."
"This is AMAZING!!! Followed the recipe exactly with no issues. Used 8" x 8" glass pan and it did not run over. I had some frozen peaches and I used these. Left them out to thaw for about 10 minutes and they were perfect. I do believe I will replace the nutmeg with cinnamon the next time. Just not a big nutmeg fan!! Thanks for sharing!!!"
"What a great way to use fresh peaches. My husband and I have been trying recipes we can bake on the grill. This recipe worked great!"
"This was quite good. I used one 600g bag (3 cups) of frozen peaches, thawed. We did find it a bit too crusty for us, but tasty nonetheless."
"followed recipe. oven temp needs adjusted. Turned out to be a "peach mush""