- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the milk just until combined; fold in peaches. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, sugars, butter and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugars are dissolved. Pour over top. Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean. Serve warm or cold with cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tennessee Peach Pudding
"If I use frozen peaches. I do thaw them correct"
"I never thought this would work.. honestly. I thought it would be too mushy and "weird". I was SO wrong and I'm so glad I tried it. The peachy-cake mixture cooked up nicely and the sweet topping made the dish just creamy enough. I made my own whipped cream using coconut milk to serve and it was truly one of my favorite desserts. I will be making this very often!"
"Love this!!! First time I used white nectarines and it tasted great but looked a little bland. Used yellow peaches the next time and it was perfect. I think I will use a few more peaches next time I make it. As my husband says, "THIS IS A KEEPER!!""
"Delicious! I used a combination of plums and nectarines. I used half white, half whole wheat flour, and palm sugar. II agree it was delicious cold the next morning. It was like a delicious compote with built in cake. Great way to use up stone fruit that's past its prime."
"GOT SOME FRESH PEACHES THIS WEEK AND LOOKED FOR A RECIPE AND FOUND THIS ONE. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! HAD FOR DESSERT ABOUT 1/2 HOUR AFTER DINNER AND IT WAS STILL WARM AND SERVED WITH WHIPPED CREAM. DEFINITELY A KEEPER! YUMMMM BY THE WAY, I FOLLOWED THE RECIPE EXACTLY EXCEPT ADDED MORE PEACHES, ABOUT 5 CUPS IN ALL."