Tennessee Fry Bread
You'll need only four ingredients to fix this time-easing bread. "We like it with scrambled eggs and fried potatoes for breakfast," remarks Theresa Sanchez from Franklin, Tennessee. Or dunk it in soup or serve it with coffee.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- All-purpose flour
- Place butter in a 12-in. ovenproof skillet; place in a 450° oven
- for 2-3 minutes or until melted.
- In a bowl, combine flour and buttermilk just until moistened. Turn
- onto a surface dusted with all-purpose flour; knead 4-5 times. Pat
- dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place in a single layer in prepared pan; carefully turn to coat.
- Bake at 450° for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 94 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.