Tenderloin with Horseradish Cream Cheese
My husband and I both love the classic combination of beef and horseradish. He asks me to make this for dinner often, and I'm always happy to. Try serving with baked potatoes as a side.—Mary Lou Cook, Welches, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil
- over medium heat. Add steaks; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and
- horseradish until blended. Serve with steaks. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak with 1/4 cup topping equals 387 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.