Tenderloin with Herb Sauce Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Cut each tenderloin into 12 slices; sprinkle with salt. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork in butter in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Return all pork to the skillet.
- 2. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over pork. Cook and stir over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 238 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.