Tenderloin with Cremini-Apricot Stuffing Recipe
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello (cremini) mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and celery in butter until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in apricots and rosemary. Cool slightly.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloin so it lies flat. On each half, make another lengthwise slit down the center to within 1/2 in. of bottom; open roast and cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic.
- Spread mushroom mixture over meat. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tie at 1-1/2-in. to 2-in. intervals with kitchen string.
- Combine the oil, garlic, salt and pepper; rub over roast. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown roast on all sides.
- Bake at 425° for 35-50 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Place slices on a platter and spoon pan juices over the top. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tenderloin with Cremini-Apricot Stuffing(2)
Sort By :
Delicious and flavorful. I couldn't find beef tenderloin so I used a London Broil I had instead (cutting its thickness almost in half).
This is very good. I used a flank steak instead of the tenderloin.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >