Tenderloin with Cherry Sauce
You can find dried cherries near dried cranberries at your local supermarket. Substitute dried cranberries if desired.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pork tenderloin (1-1/2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 3 tablespoons cherry preserves
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, cranberry juice and mustard
- until smooth; set aside. Sprinkle pork with lemon-pepper. In a large
- skillet, cook pork in butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until
- no longer pink. Remove pork and keep warm.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Add
- cherries and preserves; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Return pork to the pan; cook for 2 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 477 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a