Tenderloin Steaks with Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 3/4 cup port wine
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1. Place wine and cherries in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Stir in the butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Sprinkle steaks with remaining salt and pepper. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Serve steaks with cherry sauce and sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 4 servings.
1 steak with 1 tablespoon sauce: 291 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Tenderloin Steaks with Cherry Sauce
"My husband and I agreed -- these just might be the best steaks we've ever eaten! Next time I will make the full amount of sauce (instead of halving it for the two of us) and serve it with couscous as suggested."
"I bought good steaks and they cooked perfectly. So most and tender. And the cherry sauce was a great accompaniment; I served the steaks with couscous, which the sauce was great with as well."