- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 3/4 cup port wine
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Place wine and cherries in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Stir in the butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Sprinkle steaks with remaining salt and pepper. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Serve steaks with cherry sauce and sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tenderloin Steaks with Cherry Sauce
"I bought good steaks and they cooked perfectly. So most and tender. And the cherry sauce was a great accompaniment; I served the steaks with couscous, which the sauce was great with as well."