This recipe stars a delectable sauce made with wine, plump cherries, and steak portioned just right. --Jacob Kitzman, Seattle, Washington
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 3/4 cup port wine
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Place wine and cherries in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Stir in the butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Sprinkle steaks with remaining salt and pepper. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Serve steaks with cherry sauce and sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tenderloin Steaks with Cherry Sauce in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p26
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tenderloin Steaks with Cherry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review