- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Sprinkle steaks with steak seasoning. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add steaks; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Remove steaks from pan.
- Add mushrooms to skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in cream, steak sauce and garlic salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Return steaks to pan; turn to coat and heat through. Stir in chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Tenderloin Steak Diane
"Whats not to like about this - it is a huge hit and will be a routine when we have steak."
"This has become a favorite at our house...especially my son's."
"We made this last week for dinner and it has been requested every night - tonight will be a repeat - I used all the beef broth and it was outstanding"
"This is to die for. I also did the 1/2 Merlot and 1/2 Broth. I am making it again tonight!"
"This was great! I took someone's tip about using 1/2 merlot with the beef broth. Will make again, for sure!"