- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Sprinkle steaks with steak seasoning. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add steaks; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Remove steaks from pan.
- Add mushrooms to skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender. Add broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in cream, steak sauce and garlic salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Return steaks to pan; turn to coat and heat through. Stir in chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Tenderloin Steak Diane
"what steak sauce do you use?"
"Whats not to like about this - it is a huge hit and will be a routine when we have steak."
"This has become a favorite at our house...especially my son's."
"We made this last week for dinner and it has been requested every night - tonight will be a repeat - I used all the beef broth and it was outstanding"
"This is to die for. I also did the 1/2 Merlot and 1/2 Broth. I am making it again tonight!"
"This was great! I took someone's tip about using 1/2 merlot with the beef broth. Will make again, for sure!"
"I mixed a 1/4 c. beef broth with a 1/4 c. merlot wine instead of using the full 1/2 c. beef broth listed to make a richer sauce. It's delicious! Otherwise followed the recipe as is."
"We made this for New Year's Eve for family and my niece STILL talks about it. Making it again for Mother's Day. Great "fancy" meal without fancy ingredients or lengthy prep. End result is a wonderful way to make steak at home."
"Oh my..this was the yummiest thing I've had in a while :) I did add some fresh chopped garlic and onions along with the mushrooms (just cuz I like that with my steak) but other than that I followed the recipe exactly. The sauce was to die for...maybe next time I will double it and serve it along mashed potatoes...mmm Excellent recipe! Thanks Carolyn!"