Tenderloin Spinach Spirals Recipe
Here's an elegant make-ahead dish that always gets compliments. It's nice for a summer buffet when grilling for a crowd just doesn't fit the bill. -Marlene Muckenhirn Delano, Minnesota
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef tenderloin roasts (2-1/2 to 3 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. In a large, bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Set aside.
- 2. Cut each tenderloin horizontally from the long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open so meat lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness; remove plastic wrap. Spread the spinach mixture over each tenderloin to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting a long side; tie at 1-in. intervals with kitchen string.
- 3. Place seam side down on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan; brush with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 45-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 4. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Discard kitchen string; cut into 1/2-in. slices. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Tenderloin Spinach Spirals
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC