- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef tenderloin roasts (2-1/2 to 3 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large, bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Set aside.
- Cut each tenderloin horizontally from the long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open so meat lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness; remove plastic wrap. Spread the spinach mixture over each tenderloin to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting a long side; tie at 1-in. intervals with kitchen string.
- Place seam side down on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan; brush with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 45-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Discard kitchen string; cut into 1/2-in. slices. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Tenderloin Spinach Spirals in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p40
Reviews for Tenderloin Spinach Spirals
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2014
"This Recipe is our Easter dinner every year! I love it!"