Tenderloin In Puff Pastry Recipe
I came up with this dish after combining several different recipes. I wrap up each beef tenderloin, topped with a tasty mushroom mixture, in a sheet of puff pastry. It sounds like a lot of work, but it isn't...and it's so elegant. -Julie Mahoney St. Edward, Nebraska
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1-3/4 inches thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a large skillet, brown steaks in oil on both sides. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet. Transfer steaks to wire rack; refrigerate for 1 hour. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender; drain. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 13-in. square. Cut into four squares. Place one steak in the center of each square; top with mushroom mixture. Combine egg and water; brush over pastry.
- 3. Bring up corners to center and tuck in edges; press to seal. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Tenderloin In Puff Pastry
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC