Tender Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti
- 5 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 30 balls, about 1 in. each. Place meatballs on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 13-16 minutes or until juices run clear; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Transfer meatballs to a large saucepan; add spaghetti sauce. Heat through. Drain spaghetti; top with meatballs and sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
5 each: 312 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1047mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat
Reviews for Tender Turkey Meatballs
"I thought they were a little bland. They need something to jazz them up a little."